A Recipe From The Kitchen of Chef Al!
Orange Ginger Chicken Breast
Looking for an easy recipe to add to your weekly meal plan? Chef Al has created a dish that is easy to prepare and taste delicious. Orange Ginger Chicken Breast can be served with rice, over a salad, as a sandwich or any way you like.
- 4 Organic Chef boneless skinless chicken breast cut in half lenghth wise
- 1/2 cup Uncle Matt’s Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup organic rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Organic orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated peeled ginger root
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes(a little less for anti heat a little more fireman)
- 3 cloves smashed fresh organic garlic
- Coconut oil to oil the pan for cooking the breast
In a large glass bowl whisk together all ingredients but the last one (Coconut oil).
Place Organic Chef chicken cutlets in a large baking dish large enough so your chicken is not overlapping. Pour marinade over chicken breast flipping to ensure that they are coated evenly cover with plastic wrap. Marinated chicken overnight. This will allow for distribution of flavor and allow the marinade to tenderize.
Preheat your grill or cast iron pan and add Coconut oil until hot (you want an sizzle when the chicken is placed in the pan). Prior to cooking place your breast on paper towels and dry them on both sides this is important for a good sear. Place chicken in pan and cook on both sides for 2 minutes each or until the middle is no longer pink. DO NOT overcook.
Finally, allow to rest before slicing.